More Than 30 Years Of Service To The Atlanta Area
Michael D. Barber, Jr.
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Certified NHTSA Field Sobriety Testing
- Certified DUI and Drugs
- Certified DUI Detection
Michael's training as both a prosecutor and defense attorney gives him the ability to interpret what the other side is considering and thinking in regards to a clients case.
Working for his family law firm in Dunwoody, Georgia familiarized Michael with Debt Collection, Contracts and Agreements, Family Law and Real Estate. Making a foray into criminal law with the City of Atlanta Municipal Court led to his criminal experience including traffic, DUI and drug-related cases.
Michael was invited by other county prosecutors to be a guest instructor for DUI courses at both the Georgia Public Safety and Training Center and county locations. He also had the opportunity to design and teach a class at the Atlanta Police Department Training Center, and assisted in redesigning the current DUI court system with the City of Atlanta Municipal Court.
His training at the Georgia Public Safety and Training Center (GPSTC, the same training center where State Troopers receive their training and where all police officers supplement their training) helped Michael learn what both the police and State Troopers learn to make their DUI cases.
After returning to defense work, Michael continues to help those in need. His range of skills goes from defending the unjustly accused to representing major lending corporations. His Real Estate expertise involves not just contract, lease and eviction problems but also evaluating map and plat documents as well as closing issues. He has had the opportunity to operate in Family Law as both a plaintiff and defense attorney, as well as working on Child Legitimation and adoption cases.
- Former DUI Prosecutor
- Atlanta DUI Task Force
- DUI Guest Lecturer at Georgia Public Safety Training Center (where officers get training)
- Atlanta Police Academy Guest DUI Instructor
- Atlanta DUI Advisory Task Force Committee
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Contracts and Agreements
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Cases
- Traffic Charges
- Suspended License Charges
- Civil Litigation
- Atlanta's John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- University of Georgia
- Major: English
- Georgia, 2008
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2008
- Recognized Attorney Legal Services, Global Directory of Who's Who, 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Graduate NCDD at Harvard University DUI School, National College for DUI Defense, 2014
- 2012 DUI Lethal Weapon, Prosecuting Attorneys Council of Georgia, 2012
- DUI Field Sobriety Update, Prosecuting Attorneys Council of Georgia, 2012
- 2011 Basic DUI and Crash Investigation Course, Prosecuting Attorneys Council of Georgia, 2011
- Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE), NHTSA, 2010
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, NHTSA, 2010