Have you been charged with Driving Under the Influence (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391) in the City of Johns Creek? Did the officer charge you under Alcohol, Drugs, Prescription medication, marijuana, Violation of Controlled Substances Act (V.G.C.S.A.)?
Did you receive a City of Johns Creek charge while leaving the Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra or Johns Creek International Festival? Maybe you were enjoying a night out at Stoney River, 7 Tequilas or Pampas Steakhouse.
You’ll need the assistance of a law firm that is not only familiar with the City of Johns Creek Municipal Court, but is also well known in that court system.
Many people think that you can only receive a DUI for alcohol, but that isn’t true.
The prosecutor has five different subsections to charge YOU and only two of them involve alcohol. The other three involve drugs (including prescription medications) glue or aerosol or toxic vapors or any combination of them.
The criminal defense law offices of Michael D. Barber & Associates have extensive experience defending clients from Driving Under the Influence charges in the City of Johns Creek.
- Our office is well versed in defending and navigating the 30 day suspension letter, the Office of State Administrative Hearings, The Johns Creek Municipal Court and many other complicated areas within representation for a Driving Under the Influence charge.
- The alcohol version of this charge in the City of Johns Creek is one of the most heavily used and frequently received charges. Many people receive a DUI who have never been in trouble. This charge is also the most inadequately represented charge in criminal law for clients.
- A Criminal Defense Attorney MUST have proper training to assure that the client receives the representation for which they are not only looking but for which they are paying. That is why you need to find a Criminal Defense Lawyer who has the proper training to help you.
- If handled improperly, this charge can affect your license, your criminal history, time spent in jail, community representation and many other issues with your life.
As mentioned earlier the most typical, and frequently used, version of this charge is alcohol.
Officers should have extensive training to properly investigate YOUR charge.
A Criminal Defense Attorney should have the same training as the officers (or more) to properly represent YOU.
This training assures proper representation for you and is another reason that YOU need an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney. Without experience and knowledge YOU will not be able to properly defend against a Johns Creek officer who has not had the proper training and made errors in evaluating YOUR arrest.
Officers should have training under Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), or Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) or Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). These three different levels of training are provided to officers by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration that any investigation into DUI is done properly and assure that citizens are properly arrested. Prior to the involvement of the tests crafted by the NHTSA officers would have you recite the alphabet backwards, pick up coins off the floor and do many other tasks that were “unregulated” and not enforceable.
- Whenever someone is arrested for a charge of Driving Under the Influence, the officer is required by law to arrest them and retain their driver’s license.
- The officer then issues a DDS 1205 form. This form is the officer’s notice to YOU of the officers intention to suspend YOUR privileges to operate a motor vehicle.
- You must write a 30 day response letter to stop the suspension.
Arrests for DUI charges in Johns Creek are made by either the City of Johns Creek Police Department or a special division in the Georgia State Patrol called the Nighthawks. These Johns Creek Charges are heard at the Johns Creek Municipal Court. The Johns Creek Municipal Court is located at 11445 Johns Creek Parkway in the city of Johns Creek.
The Johns Creek charges would be heard in the main courtroom in Johns Creek Municipal Courthouse. The judges who sit in Johns Creek are Donald Schaefer, Scott Carter or Kalin Jones. All charges are prosecuted by the City of Johns Creek Solicitor Larry Delan.
Can a DUI attorney give a defense against DUI charges?
Yes, you’ll need the help of an experienced DUI Attorney to help you with these charges. Many people don’t realize that this charge can affect the rest of their life. It would now be a part of your criminal history when you apply to rent a house, a home loan, and even promotions at work, not to mention applying for a new job.
A Driving Under the Influence charge will follow you for the rest of your life and cause issues every time it “pops up.” An experienced criminal defense lawyer can help you with this charge both in how the court treats you and how it effects your future. As former prosecutors, our attorneys know and understand that the prosecution, or in almost every case – team of prosecutors, are highly skilled and trained to get a conviction on your case.
That means it’s time to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney who knows how to evaluate both sides of the case. Our team of defense lawyers are former prosecutors and know how to mount a proper defense for your charges.
For a FREE consultation and evaluation of your DUI charges call our firm.
Our Criminal Defense Lawyers have the knowledge and skills for YOU.
Just because you have been charged with a DUI does not mean that you have to accept guilt. It means you need to hire an experienced attorney to mount a proper defense for your charges.
Our offices have a 24-hour response line (404-445-8494) and someone is available to answer your call and help. Call us now for a free case evaluation.