Have you been charged with a DUI (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391) in Jackson County? If traveling through Jackson County you may have been pulled over by the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office.
There are additional police departments which may have pulled you over depending on which city you traveled through (Commerce Police Department, Jefferson Police Department, Hoschton Police Department, Braselton Police Department, Pendergrass Police Department, Arcade Police Department, Talmo Police Department or Nicholson Police Department).
Did the officer charge you under Alcohol, Drugs, Prescription medication, marijuana or Violation of Controlled Substances Act (V.G.C.S.A.)? Did you receive a DUI while leaving a football, base ball or baskeball game? Maybe you were enjoying a night out with friends ?
You’ll need the assistance of a law firm that is not only familiar with the Jackson County Court system, but is also well known in the Court system.
The law offices of Michael D. Barber & Associates have extensive experience defending clients from DUI charges in Jackson County.
Our attorneys are well versed in defending and navigating the 30 day suspension letter, the Office of State Administrative Hearings, The Jackson County Probate Court and many other complicated areas within representation for YOUR charges.
The alcohol version of this charge in Jackson County is one of the most heavily used and frequently received charges. Many people receive a DUI who have never been in trouble. This charge is also the most inadequately represented charge in criminal law for clients.
A Criminal Defense Attorney MUST have proper training to assure that the client receives the representation for which they are not only looking but for which they are paying. That is why you need to find a Criminal Defense Lawyer who has the proper training to help you.
If handled improperly, this charge can affect your license, your criminal history, time spent in jail, community representation and many other issues with your life.
- Officers should have extensive training to properly investigate YOUR charge.
- A Criminal Defense Attorney should have the same training as the officers (or more) to properly represent YOU. This training assures proper representation for you and is another reason that YOU need an experienced DUI attorney.
- Without experience and knowledge YOU will not be able to properly defend against a Jackson County Sheriff or officer who has not had the proper training and made errors in evaluating YOUR arrest.
- Officers should have training under Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), or Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) or Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). These three different levels of training are provided to officers by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration that any investigation into DUI is done properly and assure that citizens are properly arrested. Prior to the involvement of the tests crafted by the NHTSA officers would have you recite the alphabet backwards, pick up coins off the floor and do many other tasks that were “unregulated” and not enforceable.
Been arrested for DUI in Jackson County? Call us.
Whenever someone is arrested for a DUI, the officer is required by law to arrest them and retain their driver’s license. The officer then issues a DDS 1205 form. This form is the officer’s notice to you of the officer’s intention to suspend YOUR privileges to operate a motor vehicle. You must write a 30 day response letter to stop the suspension.
- Arrests for DUI charges are made by either the Jackson County Sheriff Office, the Department of Public Safety or the Georgia State Patrol (the nighthawks division does not work in this particular county but some of the nighthawk troopers with special DUI training do patrol this area by assignment or re-assignment).
- These DUI charges are heard at the Jackson County State Court.
- The Jackson County State Court is located at 5000 Jackson Parkway in the City of Jefferson.
- The charges would be heard by the Honorable Robert Alexander.
- All charges for Jackson County are prosecuted by the Office of the Jackson County Solicitor Donald Moore.
For a FREE consultation and evaluation of your DUI charges, call our firm. Our DUI lawyers have the knowledge and skills for your defense.
Just because you have been charged with a DUI does not mean that you have to accept guilt. It means you need to hire an experienced attorney to mount a proper defense for your YOUR charges.
Our offices have a 24-hour response line (404-445-8494) and someone is available to answer your call and help. Call us now for a free case evaluation