Have you been charged with a DUI (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391) in Walton County? If traveling through Walton County you may have been pulled by Walton County Sheriff. There are additional police departments which may have pulled you over depending on if you were in the City of Monroe, Loganville, Walnut Grove, or Social Circle.
Did the Sheriff Deputy charge you with Driving Under the Influence for Alcohol, Drugs, Prescription medication, marijuana or Violation of Controlled Substances Act (V.G.C.S.A.)? Did you receive a this charge while leaving the UGA Game? Maybe you were enjoying a night out leaving a favorite establishment in Monroe or Loganville.
You’ll need the assistance law firm that is not only familiar with DUI in Walton County, but is also well known in the Walton County Court system.
The law offices of Michael D. Barber & Associates have extensive experience defending clients from DUI charges in Walton County.
Our DUI attorneys are well versed in defending and navigating the 30 day suspension letter, the Office of State Administrative Hearings, The Walton County Probate Court and many other complicated areas within representation for YOUR charge.
The alcohol version of this charge is one of the most heavily used and frequently received charges in the Walton County Court system. Many people receive a DUI who have never been in trouble. This charge is also the most inadequately represented charge in criminal law for clients.
The Attorney MUST have proper training to assure that the client receives the representation for which they are not only looking but for which they are paying. That is why YOU need to find a Lawyer who has the proper training to help you.
If handled improperly, this charge can affect your license, your criminal history, time spent in jail, community representation and many other issues with your life.
- Officers should have extensive training to properly investigate a DUI charge. The Attorney should have the same training as the officers (or more) to properly represent YOU in defending YOUR charge.
- This training assures proper representation for you in the court system and is another reason that YOU need an experienced Attorney.
- Without an experienced Lawyer, YOU will not be able to properly defend against a Walton County Sheriff’s Deputy who has not had the proper training and made errors in evaluating your arrest.
- Officers should have training under Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), or Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) or Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). These three different levels of training are provided to officers by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration that any investigation into DUI is done properly and assure that citizens are properly arrested. Prior to the involvement of the tests crafted by the NHTSA officers would have you recite the alphabet backwards, pick up coins off the floor and do many other tasks that were “unregulated” and not enforceable.
Been arrested for DUI in Walton County? Call us.
Whenever someone is arrested for a DUI, the officer is required by law to arrest them and retain their driver’s license. The officer then issues a DDS 1205 form. This form is the officer’s notice to you of the officer’s intention to suspend YOUR privileges to operate a motor vehicle. You must write a 30 day response letter to stop the suspension.
- Arrests for DUI charges are made by either the Walton County Sheriff’s office, The Department of Public Safety or the Georgia State Patrol (the nighthawks division does not work in this particular county but some of the nighthawk troopers with special DUI training do patrol this area by assignment or re-assignment).
- The charges are heard at the Walton County Probate Court.
- The Walton County Probate Court is located at 303 South Hammond Drive in the city of Monroe.
- The charges would be heard in the Probate Court under Judge Bruce Wright.
- All charges for Walton County are prosecuted by the Walton County Solicitors Charlie Barrow and Brett Mizerak.
For a FREE consultation and evaluation of your charges, call our firm. Our DUI Lawyers have the knowledge and skills for your defense.
Just because you have been charged with a DUI does not mean that you have to accept guilt. It means you need to hire an experienced attorney to mount a proper defense for your YOUR charges.
Our offices have a 24-hour response line (404-445-8494) and someone is available to answer your call and help. Call us now for a free case evaluation.