Have you been charged with a DUI (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391) in Fulton County? If traveling through Fulton County you may have been pulled by the City of Atlanta Police department OR the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office. However, there are additional police departments which may have pulled you over depending on if you were in the City of Johns Creek, Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Alpharetta, Milton, Union City or College Park.
Did the officer charge you under Alcohol, Drugs, Prescription medication, marijuana, Violation of Controlled Substances Act (V.G.C.S.A.)? Did you receive a Driving Under the Influence charge while leaving the Atlanta United Game, Atlanta Falcons Game or Atlanta Hawks Game?
Maybe you were enjoying a night out in Buckhead, East Atlanta Village, The Foundry, Midtown, Atlanta High Museum of Art, or The Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
You’ll need the assistance of a law firm that is not only familiar with Fulton County, but is also well known in the Fulton County Court system.
The law offices of Michael D. Barber & Associates have extensive experience defending clients from charges in Fulton County. Our office is well versed in defending and navigating the 30 day suspension letter, the Office of State Administrative Hearings, the Fulton County State Court and many other complicated areas within representation for YOUR charges.
- The alcohol version of this charge is one of the most heavily used and frequently received charges in the Fulton County Court system. Many people receive a Fulton County DUI who have never been in trouble.
- This charge is also the most inadequately represented charge in criminal law for clients. The attorney MUST have proper training to assure that the client receives the representation for which they are not only looking but for which they are paying. That is why YOU need to find a lawyer who has the proper training to help you.
- If handled improperly, this charge can affect your license, your criminal history, time spent in jail, community representation and many other issues with your life.
As mentioned the most typical, and frequently used, version for this charge is under alcohol.
Officers should have extensive training to properly investigate a DUI arrests in Fulton County, GA.
The attorney should have the same training as the officers (or more) to properly represent YOU in defending YOUR charge.
This training assures proper representation for you in the court system and is another reason that YOU need an experienced attorney. Without an experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer, YOU will not be able to properly defend against a Fulton County officer who has not had the proper training and made errors in evaluating your arrest.
Officers should have training under Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), or Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) or Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). These three different levels of training are provided to officers by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration that any investigation into DUI is done properly and assure that citizens are properly arrested. Prior to the involvement of the tests crafted by the NHTSA officers would have you recite the alphabet backwards, pick up coins off the floor and do many other tasks that were “unregulated” and not enforceable.
- Whenever someone is arrested for a DUI in Fulton County, the officer is required by law to arrest them and retain their driver’s license.
- The officer then issues a DDS 1205 form. This form is the officer’s notice to you of the officer’s intention to suspend YOUR privileges to operate a motor vehicle.
- You must write a 30 day response letter to stop the suspension.
Arrests for charges are made by either the Fulton County Sheriff’s office, City of Atlanta Police Department or a special division in the Georgia State Patrol called the Nighthawks. These charges are heard at the Fulton County State Court. The Fulton County State Court is located at 185 Central Avenue in the city of Atlanta.
The Fulton County charges would be heard in the State Court under 10 different judges. All charges for Fulton County are prosecuted by the Fulton County Solicitor General .
For a FREE consultation and evaluation of your DUI charges, call our law firm.
Our Criminal Defense Lawyers have the knowledge and skills for your defense.
Just because you have been charged with a DUI in Fulton County does not mean that you have to accept guilt. It means you need to hire an experienced attorney to mount a proper defense for YOUR charges.
Our offices have a 24-hour response line (404-445-8494) and someone is available to answer your call and help. Call us now for a free case evaluation.