Have you been charged with a DUI (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391) in the City of Milton? Did the officer charge you under Alcohol, Drugs, Prescription medication, marijuana or Violation of Controlled Substances Act (V.G.C.S.A.)?
Did you receive a DUI charge while leaving the Atlanta United Game, Atlanta Falcons Game or Atlanta Hawks Game? Maybe you were enjoying a night out at Bobby G’s Chicago Sports Eatery, Cabernet Steakhouse, Jekyll Brewing, the Metropolitan Club, the Plaza at Windward, Buckhead, Midtown, Atlanta High Museum of Art, or The Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
You’ll need the assistance of a law firm that is not only familiar with the City of Milton Municipal Court, but is also well known in that court system.
The criminal defense law offices of Michael D. Barber & Associates has extensive experience defending clients from DUI charges in the City of Milton. Our office is well versed in defending and navigating the 30 day suspension letter, the Office of State Administrative Hearings, The Milton Municipal Court and many other complicated areas within representation for YOUR charges.
- The alcohol version of this charge in the City of Milton is one of the most heavily used and frequently received charges. Many people receive a DUI who have never been in trouble.
- This charge is also the most inadequately represented charge in criminal law for clients.
- A Criminal Defense Attorney MUST have proper training to assure that the client receives the representation for which they are not only looking but for which they are paying. That is why you need to find a Criminal Defense Lawyer who has the proper training to help you.
- If handled improperly, this charge can affect your license, your criminal history, time spent in jail, community representation and many other issues with your life.
As mentioned earlier the most typical, and frequently used, version of this charge is alcohol. Officers should have extensive training to properly investigate YOUR charge. A Criminal Defense Attorney should have the same training as the officers (or more) to properly represent YOU.
This training assures proper representation for you and is another reason that YOU need an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney. Without experience and knowledge YOU will not be able to properly defend against an officer who has not had the proper training and made errors in evaluating YOUR arrest.
- Officers should have training under Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), or Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) or Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). These three different levels of training are provided to officers by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration that any investigation into DUI is done properly and assure that citizens are properly arrested.
- Prior to the involvement of the tests crafted by the NHTSA officers would have you recite the alphabet backwards, pick up coins off the floor and do many other tasks that were “unregulated” and not enforceable.
Whenever someone is arrested for a Milton DUI, the officer is required by law to arrest them and retain their driver’s license. The officer then issues a DDS 1205 form. This form is the officers notice to You of the officer’s intention to suspend YOUR privileges to operate a motor vehicle. You must write a 30 day response letter to stop the suspension.
Arrests for any charge in Milton, GA are made by either the City of Milton Police Department, the Department of Public Safety or a special division in the Georgia State Patrol called the Nighthawks. These Milton Charges are heard at the Milton Municipal Court. The Milton Municipal Court is located at 13000 Deerfield Parkway in the city of Milton
The charges would be heard in the main courtroom in Milton Municipal Courthouse. The judges that would hear all charges are Chief Judge Brian Hansford with assistant judges. All charges for Milton are prosecuted by the City of Milton Solicitor Fran Shoenthal (who is the same solicitor in Alpharetta Municipal Court).
For a FREE consultation and evaluation of your DUI charges, call our firm.
Our Criminal Defense Lawyers have the knowledge and skills for your defense.
Just because you have been charged with a DUI does not mean that you have to accept guilt. It means you need to hire an experienced attorney to mount a proper defense for YOUR charges.
Our offices have a 24-hour response line (404-445-8494) and someone is available to answer your call and help. Call us now for a free case evaluation.