Have you been charged with Driving Under the Influence (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391) in Lawrenceville? Did the officer charge you with a DUI under Alcohol, Drugs, Prescription medication, marijuana, Violation of Controlled Substances Act (V.G.C.S.A.)?
Did you receive a DUI charge while leaving the Atlanta United Game, Atlanta Falcons Game, Gwinnett (Braves) Stripers game at the Coolray Field, or Atlanta Hawks Game? Maybe you were enjoying a night out at Gwinnett Place Mall, Infinite Energy Center, Buckhead, Midtown, Atlanta High Museum of Art, or The Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
You’ll need the assistance of a law firm that is not only familiar with DUI in the City of Lawrenceville, but is also well known in that court system.
The criminal defense law offices of Michael D. Barber & Associates have extensive experience defending clients from DUI charges in Lawrenceville. Our attorneys are well versed in defending and navigating the 30 day suspension letter, the Office of State Administrative Hearings, The Lawrenceville Municipal Court and many other complicated areas.
Alcohol is one of the most heavily used and frequently received versions of DUI charges in Lawrenceville
Many people receive a DUI who have never been in trouble. This charge is also the most inadequately represented charge in criminal law for clients. A Criminal Defense Attorney MUST have proper training to assure that the client receives the representation for which they are not only looking but for which they are paying.
That is why you need to find a Criminal Defense Lawyer who has the proper training to help you. If handled improperly, this charge can affect your license, your criminal history, time spent in jail, community representation and many other issues with your life.
As previously mentioned the most typical, and frequently used, charge is under alcohol.
- Officers should have extensive training to properly investigate YOUR charge. YOUR Attorney should have the same training as the officers (or more) to properly represent You in this charge and defense.
- This training assures proper representation for you and is another reason that YOU need an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney.
- Without an experienced Lawyer, YOU will not be able to properly defend against an officer who has not had the proper training and made errors in evaluating your charge.
Officers should have training under Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), or Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) or Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). These three different levels of training are provided to officers by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration that any investigation for DUI is done properly and assure that citizens are properly arrested. Prior to the involvement of the tests crafted by the NHTSA officers would have you recite the alphabet backwards, pick up coins off the floor and do many other tasks that were “unregulated” and not enforceable.
Arrested for DUI in Lawrenceville? Call us.
Whenever someone is arrested for a DUI, the officer is required by law to arrest them and retain their driver’s license. The officer then issues a DDS 1205 form. This form is the officer’s notice to you of the officer’s intention to suspend YOUR privileges to operate a motor vehicle. You must write a 30 day response letter to stop the suspension.
- Arrests for charges are made by either the City of Lawrenceville Police Department, Gwinnett County Police Department, Department of Public Safety, or a special division in the Georgia State Patrol called the Nighthawks.
- The DUI charges are heard at the Lawrenceville Municipal Court.
- The Lawrenceville Municipal Court is located at 70 South Clayton Street.
- The charges would be heard in the main courtroom in the Lawrenceville Municipal Courthouse.
- The judges who would hear that charge is Chief Judge Dennis Still and Associate Judge James Wall.
- All charges are prosecuted by the City of Lawrenceville Solicitor Frank Hartley or Jill Hauserman.
For a FREE consultation and evaluation of your DUI charges, call our firm. Our Lawyers have the knowledge and skills for your defense.
Just because you have been charged with a DUI does not mean that you have to accept guilt. It means you need to hire an experienced attorney to mount a proper defense for your charges.
Our offices have a 24-hour response line (404-445-8494) and someone is available to answer your call and help. Call us now for a free case evaluation.