Have you been charged with a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) (O.C.G.A. § 40-6-391) in the city of Duluth? Did the officer charge you with a DUI under Alcohol, Drugs, Prescription medication, marijuana, Violation of Controlled Substances Act (V.G.C.S.A.)?
Were you stopped after leaving the Atlanta United Game, Atlanta Falcons Game or Atlanta Hawks Game? Maybe you were enjoying a night out at Gwinnett Place Mall, Infinite Energy Center, Buckhead, Midtown, Atlanta High Museum of Art, or The Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
You’ll need the assistance of a law firm that is not only familiar with Driving Under the Influence charges, but is also well known in the Duluth court system.
The law offices of Michael D. Barber & Associates have extensive experience defending clients from DUI charges in the City of Duluth. Our office is well versed in defending and navigating the DUI 30 day suspension letter, the Office of State Administrative Hearings, The Duluth Municipal Court and many other areas.
A Driving Under the Influence charge is one of the most heavily used and frequently received charges in Duluth
Many people receive a this charge who have never been in trouble. This charge is also the most inadequately represented charge in criminal law for clients. A DUI Defense Attorney MUST have proper training to assure that the client receives the representation for which they are not only looking but for which they are paying.
That is why you need to find a Defense Lawyer who has the proper training to help you. If handled improperly, a DUI charge can affect your license, your criminal history, time spent in jail, community representation and many other issues with your life.
The most typical, and frequently used, citation for a Driving Under the Influence charge is alcohol. Officers should have extensive training to properly investigate this type of charge. YOUR Attorney should have the same training as the officers (or more) to properly represent You in a DUI charge defense.
- This training assures proper representation for you and is another reason that YOU need an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney.
- Without an experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer, YOU will not be able to properly defend against an officer who has not had the proper training and made errors in evaluating your charges.
- Officers should have training under Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), or Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) or Drug Recognition Expert (DRE). These three different levels of training are provided to officers by the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration that any investigation for DUI is done properly and assure that citizens are properly arrested.
- Prior to the involvement of the tests crafted by the NHTSA officers would have you recite the alphabet backwards, pick up coins off the floor and do many other tasks that were “unregulated” and not enforceable.
Getting arrested for DUI in Duluth, GA
Whenever someone is arrested for a DUI in the City of Duluth, the officer is required by law to arrest them and retain their driver’s license. The officer then issues a DDS 1205 form. This form is the officer’s notice to you of the officer’s intention to suspend YOUR privileges to operate a motor vehicle. You must write a 30 day response letter to stop the suspension.
- Arrests for Duluth are made by either the City of Duluth Police Department and Department of Public Safety or a special division in the Georgia State Patrol called the Nighthawks.
- These Charges are heard at the Duluth Municipal Court.
- The Duluth Municipal Court is located at 3276 Buford Highway.
- The charges would be heard in the main courtroom in Duluth Municipal Courthouse.
- The judges who would hear that charge is Chief Judge Charles Barrett, III.
- All charges in Duluth are prosecuted by the City of Duluth Solicitor Russell T. Bryant.
For a FREE consultation and evaluation of your Driving Under the Influence charges, call our firm. Our Lawyers have the knowledge and skills for your defense.
Just because you have been charged with a DUI does not mean that you have to accept guilt. It means you need to hire an experienced attorney to mount a proper defense for your DUI charges.
Our offices have a 24-hour response line (404-445-8494) and someone is available to answer your call and help. Call us now for a free case evaluation.